The Holidays are a privileged time to be spent with the family, and a time to forget all about the diets, restrictions and taste our Gradma’s delicious chocolate mousse or our Mom’s special turkey stuffing…
After these lasts weeks of self indulgence, it’s time to get back on track!
We’ll give you 5 simple tips for a great New Year’s Detox:
- WARM WATER WITH LEMON – right before breakfast, drink a glass of warm water with a few drops of lemon juice. This will help you alkalize your body and balance your ph levels, meaning it will help you with your sugar cravings, by balancing your blood sugar levels, reduce inflammation and help you with stress levels.
- HAVE SOUP – Just like juice, having soup can provide you with a whole lot of good-for-you nutrients in one serving. Make your own vegetable base soup and avoid canned soup that is high in sodium. Add plenty of fresh vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, pepper and onion, and even slow-digesting carbs such as squashes, sweet potato, black beans, white kidney beans or lentils. Add spices such as turmeric or cayenne pepper that can help boost your metabolism. Soup can provide not only a lighter meal, but also the fiber of the vegetables can help fill you up, reduce appetite and help detox the gut.
- EXERCISE – Sweating out the excess calories and toxins from the holiday is a great way to detoxify the body. There’s no to go running to the gym and get on extenuous exercise sessions! Go outside, take an half hour walk, stop using the elevator and take the stairs. Stretch yourself in the morning and celebrate the sun!
- WHOLE FOODS – choose whole foods preferably (fruits, vegetables and gluten free grains). Try to avoid, for at least 1 week and then, if not totally, moderately ALL toxins and allergens. This includes: meat, sugar, wheat (or any kind of gluten), dairy, soy, peanuts, coffee, and processed foods of any kind.
- USE A BODY BRUSH – believe it or not it will not only it help exfoliate your skin and improve circulation, but it will help you detox your lymphatic system. If you don’t have a soft body body brush, try using salt scrubs. start at your feet and brush up in small, upward movements toward your heart. When you’re done, hop in the shower!
Don’t forget to love yourself and pay attention to your body’s rhythm’s.
Start off the New Year with a clean mindset and enjoy yourself.